Not sure what career to choose? Contact us
Course Number: CUA30715-01V01
Are you looking to delve into the world of design but need a solid foundation of guiding principles? The Certificate III in Design Fundamentals will give you design career foundations.
There are a number of versions of this course which focus on different career areas. All versions of the course have core units that cover:
- Design processes
- Use of colour
- Creative design in 2D and 3D forms
- Source and apply design industry knowledge
- Understand the WHS process
- Produce drawings that communicate your creative ideas
In the location listing of the course, you can see the versions of the design disciplines you can focus on, and choose based on your interests and career goals. These might include:
- GRAPHIC DESIGN. Get an introduction to the latest equipment and technology used to produce work in design as well covering the essential skills such as drawing, type usage and design group work
- JEWELLERY DESIGN. Conceptualise, design and create original bespoke jewellery pieces using a range of materials and techniques
- ILLUSTRATION. Develop a range of drawing skills using digital programs such as Illustrator as well as drawing using traditional techniques and materials
- CERAMICS. Design and realise a body of ceramic work using basic skills using the latest ceramics technologies, materials and processes
- FASHION DESIGN. Gain strong foundational skills in fashion illustration, colour theory, technical production sketches, Computer Aided Design specific for fashion design, as well as some fashion industry knowledge
- TEXTILE DESIGN AND PRINTING. Gain foundational skills in illustration, colour theory, design principles, fabric print design, Computer Aided Design specific for fabric print design, as well as some textile industry knowledge
- MULTI-DISCIPLINE DESIGN. Learn a broad range of design skills such as computer aided drawing, illustration
- DESIGN FOR THEATRE AND FILM. Learn about prop making, digital illustration, make-
Offered on 7 campuses
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
A TAFE NSW Certificate IV or Diploma could give you up 6 to 12 months advanced standing in a university degree and some Advanced Diplomas offer even more credit.
Choosing a TAFE to University Pathway at North Coast TAFE is a great way to get practical ‘job ready’ skills and then gain entry to a university at an advanced stage.
More information can be found on our TAFE 2 uni page on our website.
Why study something again if you already have the skills and knowledge? Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is about helping you get your qualification faster and getting you to where you want to be!
Working with one of our RPL assessors we’ll review your life and work experiences as well as any previous study you may have done to confirm just what we can match up with your current course of study.
Note: Some short, licensing or compliance courses, eg Food Safety for Supervisors or First Aid are not granted RPL as demonstrated competency is required by regulatory authorities.
Find out more about RPL at North Coast TAFE
On-Campus Learning - Study at our place for all or some of your course and access the on-campus TAFE experience.
North Coast TAFE offers a wide choice of courses, some that attract government subsidies and some that do not. The fees payable will vary, depending on your personal circumstances, your study history and the course you choose.
Your government subsidised fee, and your eligibility for concessions, exemptions and scholarships, are all calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
The 2017 subsidised fees indicated on this page are indicative only and based on 2016 fees. The state government may make some small changes to fees and subsidies for 2017 enrolments and we will update our site if and when that happens.
To view accurate fees for your course, please choose your study option below;